Category: Blockchain

  • Investors Invest Into New Blockchain For $240 Million A Week

    by Blog Certified

     The cryptocurrency craze is finally flowing into the exchange-traded funds business.Investors poured about $240 million into two blockchain-focused ETFs since their launch last week, according to the latest available data from FactSet. Blockchain is the technology behind bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. “It is rare for new ETFs to pull in such a large amount of cash,” Todd […]

    more
  • First Successful Agriculture Cargo Shipment Using Blockchain Technology Completed

    by Blog Certified

    The applications of Blockchain technology are potentially endless – and every year we are hearing more uses in business and trade. Cryptocurrencies remain in the limelight but that hasn’t stopped multinational companies from forging ahead with their own Blockchain solutions in an effort to streamline business. As it so happens, a new milestone has been reached by mainstream industries […]

    more
  • US Government Lab Looking Into Blockchain For P2P Energy

    by Blog Certified

    Blockchain startup BlockCypher has partnered with a U.S. Department of Energy lab to develop solutions allowing energy transactions to be settled across multiple blockchains. The energy agency’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and BlockCypher first plan to demonstrate peer-to-peer energy transactions involving distributed energy resources (DER) over the dash cryptocurrency network between two test homes in […]

    more
  • Mogo Finance Technology Inc. Agreed To Lease Bitcoin Mining Machines

    by Blog Certified

    Mogo Finance Technology Inc. has reached an agreement with DMG Blockchain Solutions to lease 1,000 bitcoin mining machines. This will allow the Vancouver-based fintech company’s new subsidiary, Mogo Blockchain Technology Inc., to begin bitcoin mining later this quarter. “The biggest use cases and revenue-generating cases for blockchain are bitcoin mining, and buying and selling bitcoin. […]

    more
  • New Blockchain Businesses To Keep A Eye On In 2018

    by Blog Certified

    The more blockchain-based startups there are, the more difficult it can be to separate out the ones that truly stand out. Essentially, every startup harnessing this powerful new technology aspires to transform the everyday world in some way or another. It’s only natural that some will be more successful at achieving this goal than others […]

    more
  • Marketers Should Pay More Attention To Blockchain

    by Blog Certified

    You can’t pull up a news site today without seeing an article or two about Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency that allows peer-to-peer transactions without the need for a centralized bank. Most of us are content to stand back a bit to learn more about it before jumping in completely, but we have to admit that we’re intrigued. […]

    more
  • Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Might Have To Support Cloud Storage

    by Blog Certified

    Through blockchain, Roberto Galoppini sees an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: His organization, FileZilla, can offer users free online data storage while also allowing them to earn valuable cryptocurrency. Galoppini, director of strategy for FileZilla, the popular, open-source FTP client, said his service is planning to shift direction this year by using a […]

    more
  • SEC Demands More Than A Name Change

    by Blog Certified

    Companies looking to ride the cryptocurrency wave are drawing a stern warning from the top U.S. securities regulator: You better do more than change your name. The Securities and Exchange Commission will be watching firms taking on new names and business models to make sure they’re not just trying lure investors eager to jump on […]

    more
  • Arbidex Platform Launches ICO

    by Blog Certified

    Arbidex, a blockchain-powered trading platform that integrates crypto assets from multiple exchanges, launches its public crowdsale today, following a presale round of USD 6 million. The ICO will run up to February 15, 2018, with 40 percent of ABX tokens up for grabs, according to the company’s press release. The remaining 60 percent of tokens […]

    more
  • Microsoft And Hyperledger Joins Blockchain Identity Initiative

    by Blog Certified

    Tech giant Microsoft and blockchain alliance Hyperledger have joined blockchain-based digital identity initiative, the ID2020 Alliance. Announced during the World Economic Forum at Davos in Switzerland yesterday, the alliance – which aid agency Mercy Corps and the U.N. International Computing Center have also just joined – aims to improve people’s lives through provision of digital […]

    more